Commercial Driver’s License B Driving Session
CDL Driving Instruction - “In the Cab” Class B Driving - 15 hours
The Class B Driving course is designed to instruct students who have already received a CDL permit and who are looking to build skill to prepare for the Class B road test and enter into the world of work. The theory associated with this practical instruction is covered in the CDL classroom course and will be used as the basis for practical driving instruction. This instruction occurs “in the cab” of ETA program trucks/buses/vehicles used for driving instruction but also used by the students to take their CDL road test.
The Class B Driving course is designed to operate in the same way the CDL A Driving course works with the exception that the vehicles used for each course are different in size and complexity. The other difference is the length of time (number of hours) it takes to become fully trained.
Students have the option to train in a Class B Standard or Automatic Dump Truck or a School Bus. Upon registration, students will indicate their choice.
Flexible Driving Schedule:
The schedule for driving with the instructor is determined by matching a student to an instructor’s availability once the student is registered and a tuition is paid. This method of developing driving schedules is designed to meet the needs of both the students and the instructors. It also ensures that a consistent pattern of driving is created in order to obtain the number of training hours needed before a road test.
Prerequisites for Course:
- Must be at least 18 years old for dump truck and tractor and trailer (click here for more information)
- Must be at least 21 years old for school bus
- Entry Level Driver Training course (Theory), must be taken with a certified training provider within the last year. Click here for the FMCSA Training Provider Registry website.
- Valid NYS Drivers License*
- Valid NYS Commercial Learners Permit*
- For school bus training, students must also have valid School Bus (S) and Passenger (P) endorsements.**
To register please call (518) 581-3555. Please have a copy of your CDL Permit, appropriate endorsements and License ready.